- Born January 31, 1946 in Montgomery, Texas to parents Owen and Rosie Lee Hamilton.
- The 10th born child of 11 children; three sisters and 7 brothers.
- Relocated to Sacramento, CA in the summer of 1964 with the intent to go to college to receive training in medicine. She lived with her paternal aunt, Jimmie Johnson and she soon became a member of Christ Temple Apostolic Church, pastored by Elder Robert B. Holman, Sr.
- Ethel met young David C. Foster in 1964. After a courtship of a few months, love quickly blossomed and David asked Ethel to marry him on Christmas Eve, December 24, 1964. They were joined in Holy Matrimony officiated by District Elder Robert B. Holman, Sr. on February 27, 1965. In February, 2018, they will celebrate their 53rd wedding anniversary.
- Out of that union came four children: David C. Foster, Jr., Michael A. Foster, Marie A. Young, and Audrey S. Foster. They celebrate 16 grandchildren and 8 great-grand children.
- Montgomery High School Texas, Montgomery, Texas in 1964.
- Sacramento City College, and majored in Early Childhood Education (ECE).
- Ethel received the Holy Ghost at a small Church of God in Christ church in Montgomery, Texas at the young age of twelve years old.
- She was re-baptized in Jesus’ Name after hearing more of the Apostolic doctrine, in 1964.
- As a member of Christ Temple Apostolic Church, Ethel sang in the choir for several years and served as Choir President. Among other ministries, she served as Young People’s President, Pentecostal Young People’s Union, a member of the young women’s group, the Abraham’s Daughters, served on the Altar Ministry, and several other positions in support of the church.
- At Greater Grace Worship Center, she has served faithfully as a loving and supportive First Lady alongside her husband, Bishop David C. Foster, Sr. for over 36 years. She has served in a variety of positions, including but not limited to Executive Secretary to the Board of Directors, Office Administrator, Praise and Worship leader, Choir member, Women’s Ministry Leader, a member of the Greater Grace Worship Center Executive Leadership Team, and has led many other ministries.